Jesus Shows His power over death

Jesus Shows His power over death

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Believing

Mark 9:23, "Everything is possible for him who believes."


Jesus said this right before he delivered the boy of the deaf and mute spirit when the disciples couldn't do it. He explained to them that this kind only could come out by prayer and fasting.

In my personal life I've been pressing into God for breakthrough in a certain area.  The Lord told me, "I will heal you if you believe me for it."  I found myself praying like the father of the demon possessed boy in this scripture,  "Lord help me to believe." 
What does it mean to truly believe God for something?  As I've discussed this with Sherry, I'm learning that the size of our faith doesn't matter as much as the object of our faith.  We only need a little faith to move a mountain.  So instead of praying, "Lord, increase my faith," I've been praying, "Lord help me to truly see you and know who you really are, so that my belief is not based on a false perception you."

I've found that one good place to start is meditating on the testimonies of Jesus.  When has he really come through for me?  When has he come through for others? I don't believe God does miracles to simply wow and amaze us.  I believe in each testimony and miracle there's a lesson to learn about who he is, what is important to him, and who he's made us to be. As we begin to grasp this, we're going to have the platform from which we can declare those things that the Lord gives us to speak, and watch them come to pass. 

I release supernatural grace to believe over you today.  May you have more encounters with the very one who by his words brought into existence our lives and everything we see around us. 

Please feel free to share what God is showing you or words he's given you on this blog.  We desire that it be an open forum for all who are joining together for breakthrough for Terence (whether fasting or supporting someone in prayer who is fasting).  Each person carries an important piece and together we'll get the complete picture.


Beth

1 comment:

  1. TERENCE"S DOCTOR UPDATE 9.9.10
    Overall, things are well (I think that's the best way to put it)...... difficult to describe.

    Good news:

    1. Terence was permitted to continue the clinical trial and was placed on the extended phase I TOK-001 trial- even though his body hasn't been fully absorbing the medication like the other 6 men. We have to re-vamp his diet plan (yet again) until we find the food that will help it bind. Dr. M says that if we can do that, Terence would benefit from TOK-001 TEN-FOLD (right now he's benefitting from only a small percentage of it).

    2. The scans showed no NEW cancer/tumor growth. Everything is as it was three months ago!


    Not so good news:

    1. Reminded that TOK-001 or any other medicine/ medcial care or treatment that can erradicate/ take away this cancer.

    2. Terence's PSA has continued to rise quickly (from 14.7 last week to 22.5 today)- which indicates cancer growth, they just can't see it (they call it "micro-metastis").

    3. Scans revealed severe bone degeneration in all joints and spine......due to lack of hormones.

    4. With the greater absorbtion of TOK-001 into is system comes some pretty bad nausea and vomitting.

    He rests a greater portion of the day (after fishing in the mornings)- and goes to bed by 6 or 7 pm.

    He is also now on morphine for the pain- but is having allergic reactions to opioids- so not sure what will happen next :(

    Thanks for your commitment to pray and fast---------
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete